Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Child Birth Class...

Yesterday was the first day of our Child Birthing Classes. We go every Monday in the month of February, so we have one class down and 3 to go. The first class was great filled with lots of good information. I have not started to get too nervous yet for labor, but I feel better to take these classes and learn more about what I will be expecting. The first class was already helpful, so I am sure that the rest will have more information that I have not even thought about yet.
At the end of the class the instuctor took us all on a tour of the hospital. I have never been in Mercy Regional Hopsital before and I was very pleased with what I saw. It has recently been updated and looks very nice. The maternity wing is locked down, so all of the guest have to call in before they are allowed in to see us. Seeing all the different options for delivery as made me start to think about what we will want to do for our birth plan.

2 comments:

Mommy K said...

Labor is nothing to be nervous about or scared of...just start getting excited. Think about it: you'll be meeting your little peanut for the very first time...nothing in the world is cooler than that. All you have to trade is a few hours of pain for a lifetime of joy. So worth it!

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

You have a GREAT family history of quick labors, so consider yourself blessed in that department! If you go to the nursing class, let me warn you....the videos totally grossed me out!!! (I still nursed for 13 months though)