Wednesday, February 20, 2008

33 Weeks...7 More weeks to go!

How Peyton's growing:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

*I am feeling well, but things are starting to become very uncomfortable. By the end of the day I am worn out and most of the time I feel like all I want to do is lay on the couch with my feet up. Do I get to do that...NO! There is always something going on and things to do, so when it is time for bed I am ready. Something that has been really nice is that Brandon and I are giving each other foot messages at the end of the day. Brandon has been working long hours and is very tired when he gets home so it is my treat, and I am just getting really big so it feels nice on my tired feet.

*Peyton is kicking me a lot in the evenings just as I am starting to settle down for the night. The other night in bed I was laying up against Brandon's back in bed and Peyton was kicking and then ended up getting the hiccups. It didn't take long before Brandon noticed and he was getting a kick out of it. Brandon loves to feel her movements at night right before we go to bed, so this was great even though they weren't kicks.

No comments: