How Peyton's growing:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
*At my doctor's visit on Monday everything looked great. Peyton's heartbeat is strong and she is growing right on track. I have now officially hit the 20 pound weight gain. Yikes! I will now be going to the doctor every two weeks and then in March I will be going every Monday. I am excited to get to hear her heartbeat every week and seeing how close we are getting, but the one thing that will not be fun is having to step on the scale to see if I am gaining about a pound a week.
*My doctor and I did talk about my gall bladder pain again and there is nothing that they can do to help me out. They have tested everything that they can and there is nothing that is coming back to offer any answers to the pain. My doctor said that what might be happening is that the gall bladder is working slow and that is what is causing the pain. She also said that we might look at inducing me early if the pain gets to be too much and I if am just very uncomfortable. Also once Peyton is born we will have to look at the gall bladder and have it removed. Sounds like a lot of fun, right!
*Brandon and I had our second child birthing class on Monday. We learned about epidurals and other ways to cope with the pain of labor. The last 10 minutes of class were great because we got to practice some techniques on the birthing ball and I got a nice back massage out of it.
The count down has begun...8 weeks!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
8 weeks!!!?? Are you serious? Wow--the time has gone by so fast. Can't wait!
Post a Comment