Wednesday, February 27, 2008

34 Weeks...Only 6 more weeks!

How Peyton's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

*I went to the doctor on Monday and everything looked great. I am doing great and Peyton is doing wonderful. It was nice because I was only in there for a total of 8 minutes. That will be my last short visit because starting March 10th I start going in every week for weekly checks and start planning everything out with the doctor.

*I am not trying to read into this, but while I was getting checked out by the nurse we were talking about how I was feeling. I told her that I am just really starting to get big, so I am not very comfortable anymore. While we were talking I mentioned that everything is okay because I only have a little over a month left and then she said "Yeah, we'll be lucky if you make it." I guess she thinks that I am going to have this baby early. All that I hope for is that this little girl does not decide to show up in March. Please just let us make it to April!

Here are some new updated belly pictures. I took them this morning and you can tell in the first one that I am still waking up for the day. Oh, the day that I can drink coffee again will be a great day.



Look out for the big belly! Brandon is so funny because he just can not get over how big me belly is getting. I think that we have to go through the same reaction everyday of total shock.



2 comments:

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

Its totally a personal choice, but my OB says you can have 1-2 cups of coffee a day & it doesn't have any adverse effect on the baby. I probably have one small cup 4 days a week, and did the same w/ Sydney. Again, its totally a personal choice, but I know there are some mornings that I would have fallen asleep in the car while driving if I hadn't had a little jolt! There's quite a bit of research online if you want to check it out.

Or, just wait till you have your 2nd & you're chasing around after Peyton....then coffee won't be an option :)

PS: you looked great this weekend....and not too big at all

Leslie @ Joy n Pain said...

Congrats on your new baby. I'm 34 weeks now, myself and found your blog.

I wish you the best with your new baby!

Leslie in Texas