Last night around 11pm a large tornado ripped through Manhattan. Brandon, Mom, Peyton and I drove to Bramlage Coliseum (where we work) to take cover. We stayed in my office watching the news for a while and then decided that we needed to take more cover farther under ground, so we moved to Brandon's office. Mom, Peyton and I waited out the storm in the Training Room and Brandon and Ryan (Friend and my co-worker) played basketball out on the K-State basketball court. The tornado hit the North side of KSU campus and Bramlage is located on the northwest side. We feel very lucky that the tornado missed our house, but we are just devastated for the many families that are without their homes this morning and the others that are still without power. Please keep the people of Manhattan in your prayers.
Miller Ranch was the worst hit home division with 30 homes flattened. Here are some images of what an EF3 Tornado can do.



Pictures of the Toyota Dealership that is located on the west side of Manhattan. The Ace Hardware store that is right next to the dealership is no longer there.




Here is a link to 49 ABC News (Topeka) of the tornado hitting our home town Manhattan, Kansas. This is the same video coverage that Mom and I were watching and you can only image the scary sick feeling that we were getting watching the Tornado get closer and closer to where we were.
http://www.ktka.com/videos/2008/jun/12/20217/
1 comment:
So glad you are okay! This time of year is so scary around here! I much prefer the hurricanes I grew up with....enough notice to evacuate first.
Post a Comment