Monday, October 22, 2007

KC Family 1/2 Marathon and babies first!

Good Job Jeff, Ryan, Jeremy, Karyn, Michael, Elsa, Jamie & Dad...WE DID IT!!!!!!

My family made a plan over 6 months ago to run in the Kansas City Marathon together, and all the training and talking was put to the test this past Saturday. We all had a great time and finished with times that we all were very pleased with. Yea, Good job family!


I had been training for the 13.1 miles, but after I found out that I was pregnant and kept training I was not feeling very well after long runs, so I decided that I would just walk it instead. When the family started talking about doing this, my Dad did not hestitate and said that he wanted to walk the 13.1, so it was nice to be able to do this along with him. We had a great pace going and were able to finish in 3 hours and 31 minutes 27 seconds. Dad was a fighter even when he started developing a monster blister on his left foot at mile 7. We had great support from all the family and this picture of us is right before the finish line.
This is us early in the race around mile 3/4, where Mom, Stacy, Jon, Lily & Audrey were our cheering squad. It was a little chilly in the morning, but it turned out to be a beautiful day. I am not sure where we are in this picture, but I remember that we where heading towards the plaza. I think that was the first time that I have ever been through the Plaza and it not be totally crazy with people and cars driving everywhere.


Here we are with our race medals. We all had such a great time during the race, so maybe this might become an annual family 1/2 marathon.





No comments: