I took Peyton to the doctor today to check out a rash that started spreading all over her stomach and back. When I picked Peyton up at daycare on Monday she had a fever of 101.2 and continued to have a fever yesterday so I kept her home. I took the fever as she was teething, but once the fever was gone the rash started. So I quickly called the doctor to see what was going on and they wanted me to wait until the morning to see if the rash went away...well it didn't. So Peyton went into work with me this morning until we went to see the doctor to find out that she has Roseola. The good news is that she is just covered in little red bumps that don't itch and will go away in a couple of days.
About Roseola
Roseola (also known as sixth disease, exanthem subitum, and roseola infantum) is a viral illness in young children, most commonly affecting those between the ages of 6 months and 2 years. It is typically marked by several days of high fever, followed by a distinctive rash just as the fever breaks.
3 comments:
We have the same little flowered dress from her picture on the left! Love it! Who does she get her red hair from?
The red hair is on my side of the family. I would have Auburn/Brown hair if I didn't color it. Her cousin Ryan is a red head and her Great Grandpa is a red head. Really her Aunt Stacy and Grandma Reiff would have Strawberry Blonde hair if they didn't color theirs either.
I think Santiago had Roseola around the same time. So funny how things go around in mass. I took him to the doctor for the fever but they just thought it was some sort of spring/summer virus and then came the rash....I knew what it was then...Isabela had the same thing. She got in after being on a plane..I thought she had come down with some strange, foreign disease :)
Post a Comment