Wednesday, March 19, 2008

37 Weeks...3 weeks to go!

How Peyton's growing:
Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

*Doctor's Appointment*
I went to the doctor on Monday and nothing has changed since my last visit. I am still 3cm dilated and that is a good thing because Brandon left with the baseball team to Utah and won't be back until Wednesday night. Brandon and I have both been a little worried, but I am feeling great and have had no contractions. I also found out the results of my Strep B test and they were negative. Everything is looking great and now all we can do is play the waiting game until she gets here. I'll have new belly pictures up soon, so check back later this week.

No comments: