Thursday, November 8, 2007

18 Weeks...

How your baby's growing:
Head to bottom, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll likely start noticing more and more. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin and her ears are now in position and stand out from her head. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If your baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable, though he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

I have not felt the baby move or atleast I don't think that I have felt anything like a movement. I have read everything that says what it would feel like and I am just not getting any of those feelings right now. I'll let you know as soon as I feel anything. Only 18 more days until we find out what we are having!

5 comments:

Terra said...

I didn't recognize any movement with Spencer until almost 20 weeks or so. I love that first feeling. So special.

Mommy K said...

I was about 22 weeks when I first felt Carter move...so don't worry if you don't feel anything for a while. I was totally freaked out because my friend felt her baby at 17 weeks...but everyone's different! Can't wait to find out baby Yoder's sex!!!!
Love, Katie

Anonymous said...

I hope he/she is in a good position for the ultrasound. I can't wait either to find out what it is.
Debbie

stacy, jeremy, audrey and hadleigh bullcoming said...

I think I was 19 or 20 weeks before I felt Audrey move- it is one of the most special things in the world- I can't wait for you to experience it.

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

Seriously, it feels like gas bubbles (but not painful). I didn't believe it was Syd & not gas until at 20 weeks when I actually saw my stomach move. It totally freaked me out, but it was the confirmation I was needing to let me know the difference between gas & baby.