Yesterday started off like any normal day. I have not been sleeping very well, so I was tired but making it through the day. When I picked Peyton up at Daycare she was so excited to see me and gave me the biggest hug. This always makes my day, because I miss her so much while I am at work . I hurried home to make sure that I could get dinner started before I left for my doctor's appointment that night at 6:40pm.
Well...that is where the excitement gets started. I was the last patient for my doctor to see last night and we were just all in a very good and relaxed mood talking about how everything has been going and how I was feeling. I had not seen her in a couple weeks and she even made a little joke about where did the time go and that she couldn't believe that I was already 36 weeks along. So while we are talking she is also doing all the normal things...checking the babies heart rate (which was good at 150bpm) and measuring me to make sure I was right on track with 36 weeks. Everything was looking good. Now that I am 36 weeks and 4 weeks from my due date we now start the fun visits. We get to be checked to see if there is anything happening down there. To both of our surprise there was a lot going on. I am already 5+ dilated!!! I think that my head popped up so fast with huge eyes saying WHAT!
Still with a shocked face we started talking about what this means. Normally she would have sent me straight over to the hospital, but since I am only 36 weeks, she let me go home to just relax and put me on a 10 minute contraction count instead of the normal 5 min. rule. Relaxing was very hard to do last night. I had not packed a bag yet, but that quickly changed when I got home. The shock quickly changed to excitement and that quickly changed to craziness making sure that I had everything together. With Brandon's help we made sure that we had everything lined up at the house just in case things change in the next couple of days. Again craziness!
Sleep was hard to come by last night. Normally I have not been sleeping well, so it was no surprise that I was unable to get a good nights rest with my mind racing with excitement mixed with nerves.
I am feeling great today. No contractions...
Please keep us in your prayers and we'll keep you updated if anything happens!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wasn't expecting 5!!!! My goodness! I thought I was pretty far along when I was checking in at 3's with the boys. We'll be praying that everything goes smoothly and she will come when she is good and ready! Can't wait to hear!
Good luck. We can't wait to hear. For your sake, I hope its soon! The waiting is the worst!
Post a Comment