Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day Weekend

We had another busy weekend, but it was a great one filled with lots of LOVE for Valentine's Day. When I picked Peyton up at Daycare on Friday she had her hands full of goodies that she received from her friends. Renate gave her a teddy bear and she took it everywhere with her this weekend.
On Saturday we had a relaxing morning waiting for my parents to get in town to go to the K-State basketball game that night. The Cats beat Colorado so that made us all happy, but it makes Brandon's job easier with a win.
We woke up to snow Sunday morning and it was nice to take our time before we headed for a Valentine's breakfast with my parents before they headed home. I am very thankful that we did take our time because there was a bad accident on I70 that had them stopped on the highway for 2 hours waiting for the clean up instead of being involved in the 40 car pileup. It was a long drive home for them, but we are counting our blessings that they made it home safely with no problems.
We spent the rest of the day on Sunday has a family. Brandon did have to go into work for a little while, but it was during Peyton's nap so she didn't notice. Peyton and I made some Valentine's Day cookies and she loved being able to help me out. Of course we did some family dancing that Peyton loves to do so much and just loved on each other all day long. It was a nice treat to get to have a little family time together during this busy time of year for Brandon.

Daddy with his little girl
Peyton and Mommy
I had to post this one because Peyton was giving me such a tight hug that it was smashing her face. I love her!
Making Valentine's Day cookies with Mommy
Peyton looking very sweet
Peyton very tired and sleeping with Dad is his chair while watching TV.

Hope you all had a very Happy Valentine's Day and were able to spend it with your loved ones.

1 comment:

Tayarra said...

She looks so sweet! Glad you all had such a great day! You're looking good as well! Love that picture of Peyton at the end! I guess she was pretty tired! That wreck was horrible. I'm glad your parents missed it. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on tv right after it happened. Amazing that everyone stepped away from it.