Monday, December 7, 2009

Puerto Rico

I was lucky enough to join Brandon and the rest of the K-State Men's Basketball team in Puerto Rico for a tournament the week before Thanksgiving. I had never been there before and it was a great trip to watch some basketball and relax all day by the poolside. We along with many of the other families decided to leave the kids at home so Peyton was spoiled for a week by both of her Grandparents. It was a great week for all of us for sure.

This is the view that I woke up to and was well worth the long plane ride and getting in at 3 in the morning.
The beach was small but still nice to enjoy the warm water.



The hotel that we stayed at along with all the other teams.



The pool that I spent many hours hanging out during the day relaxing and soaking up as much sun as I could.
Brandon getting ready to go to work hanging out with all the other coaches before the game
Brandon working hard getting water to the players
Saturday was an off day so Brandon and I with another couple went out for a date night. It was nice to spend a little time together because he was very busy the whole week.
Another view of the pool
The awesome view from our room!
A view of the city from the hotel
Another view of the city
The view of the pool that many of the wives and I spent lots of time at while we were there.
Another view of the other pool and the beach
The last game of the tournament and we boarded the plane as soon as this game was over.

It was a wonderful trip and I enjoyed getting to know many of the people with Basketball better. Looking back I wish that I would have spent a little more time exploring Puerto Rico, but at the same time it was so nice to wake up every morning eat some breakfast and then head to the pool for a couple of hours. The games were a lot of fun and I have heard from many people that they say me lots of times on TV along with Brandon. Even with my husband working tons of hours and being gone all the time, having trips like this is a major perk and nice of K-State to take the families along with the team. Another great memory made.

No comments: