I was lucky enough a few weeks back to travel to Houston, TX to be with Brandon and to watch K-State baseball play in their very first NCAA Regional Tournament ever. It was a great weekend for K-State and for K-State baseball history. While I was there I was able to watch 2 fantastic games that K-State won. It was hard to get on the plane and fly back home and many of the people are blaming us for leaving. If you are a baseball fan than you know that you don't mess with karma and there was good karma going on while we were there and after we left it all went down hill. It was hard to listen to the Cats lose the next 2 games on the radio and to get knocked out the NCAA tournament. It was a great season and the best in school history and all I can say is that I was so glad that we were able to be a small part of that and to watch it all.
On a last minute decision both Brandon and I thought that it would be best that Peyton stay back with Grandma and Grandpa Yoder. At first I really wanted to have her there with me, but once I got there and went to the games I was so glad that she was not there. The weather was so HOT and I was dying of sweat and it could have been worse with having to hold her during the games. I am sure that Peyton had more fun in Iowa than she would have had in Texas. So Brandon and I had another weekend of practice getting ready to leave for our trip to HI in a couple of weeks without having Peyton with us. It was a fun trip and none of the other baseball kiddos made the trip so it was even better for all of us to enjoy a little grown up time together.
Here are many pictures of the weekend!
K-State and Xavier before the first game of the NCAA Regional Tournament
Cats took care of business and won the first game 16-8!
Cats make history with NCAA tournament first win
We are so proud of you Brandon! Love, Kelly & Peyton
1 comment:
Cute pics, of course, and big congrats to Brandon! HEAD Trainer...that's awesome!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment