Thanksgiving this year was in Mount Ayr, IA with Grandma and Grandpa Yoder. It was a great time and it was so nice because lots of other family from Illinois were able to make the trip out. It was the largest Thanksgiving that I have ever had up there and it was so nice to see everyone since we are not going to be out in Illinois for Christmas.
Thursday started out just like every other Thanksgiving to get up and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I did my best to watch Debbie cook the turkey, but I am sure that I will have to watch her again. I helped out with what cooking I could, but Debbie had prepared most of it earlier in the week. I was able to help make the most wonderful, but not good for you cake. I'll need to steal the recipe to make it for my family! It was a great day and I missed my family, but I was glad to be able to talk with them and hear that they also had a wonderful day.
Peyton getting ready to go out with Grandpa Yoder on her first tractor ride and feed the cows Thanksgiving morning.

In the cab and ready to go...

...here we go!

Peyton with her 3rd cousins Maddy and Sammy. They are very excited and can't wait for their new little sister expected in March.

Peyton and Sammy

Peyton with cousin Andrea who is expecting her first child in May

Peyton with Cousin Darcy

Great Uncle Warren with Peyton on Thanksgiving

Grandma Yoder and Peyton having a good time together.

Wrigley all worn out on Thanksgiving and of course she found a good spot right in the middle of the floor to take a nap.

Brandon wiped out on Thanksgiving. This is pretty much what he did during the whole holiday weekend. It was either taking a nap or playing on his PS3

Four Generations Together!

Great Grandma Darnall with Peyton playing with the new toy that she got for her.

Both having a good laugh together

Peyton playing with all her toys

We woke up on Saturday morning to large snow flakes!
Don't judge us: I know that we should have a coat on Peyton, but it was for just 2 seconds that she was outside for the picture.

This is what we woke up to on Sunday morning. It was very beautiful!


Watch the video of Peyton riding off in the tractor with Grandpa Yoder
No comments:
Post a Comment