Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Ice Storm of 2007

If you were wondering...No, I did not wish for snow on my birthday!
Things have been crazy here in Manhattan with the ice and snow. From Monday night into Tuesday afternoon we ended up getting an inch of ice. Brandon and I were one of the lucky few that did not lose power. Over 13,000 people lost power and there are still many without it today. It was nice to have the day off yesterday and I was thankful that I went to the store Monday afternoon to get a few snacks for us to eat during the day. We are back to work today, but getting around town is hard with many trees down and blocking the roads. Here are a few pictures of the trees that are right behind our apartment.

This is the tree that is right outside our deck and it is really pretty all full of ice. This tree is holding strong and not lost any branches.



Another view of the tree outside our deck.


This poor tree is right outside our bedroom window and Monday night into early Tuesday morning we listened to many of the branches come crashing down. You can see that it lost most of all the branches on the top and to the right side. They have not started cleaning any of the trees up in the apartment complex, so we'll have to see if this tree is going to be cut out when the weather gets warmer

No comments: