Peyton and I have had 2 very busy weekends full of great memories and fun. The first weekend we drove down to southern Missouri to go camping at Roaring River. My family has gone camping here for as long as I can remember, so it was fun to bring Peyton here to see things that I did has a kid. It was a little cold and crazy weather to be camping in, but Saturday afternoon turned out to be very nice and the trip was great.
Peyton hanging out by the campfire Saturday Morning with Grandpa Reiff and cousin Sydney to try to get some heat to warm up

Grandpa Reiff taking Peyton and Jon on a morning stroller ride to check out the trout stream

This is one of the many reasons why I love coming to this beautiful place

Peyton was so cute in her stocking cap that Great Grandma Horton got for her last Christmas

Peyton and Mommy in the rocks that are called Devil's Kitchen during our family hike Saturday afternoon

Jon just hanging out

Peyton not so sure about this hanging out thing

Jon keeping the tree up while Sydney hangs out

Jon walking the trail with Grandma and Grandpa Reiff. He was such a trooper even though half way through the hike he was tell us that his little legs were just so tired and needed a break.

Beautiful water stream while on the hike

Peyton taking a break while on the long hike

Jon in front of Roaring River. It had rained Thursday night and it was amazing to see how much the spring was roaring out into the stream.

Normally you can walk back in there but with all the rain the spring was running over the sidewalk. I was sad because I wanted Peyton to see the really big fish, but the water was too cloudy to see them.

There was a smaller hatchery that had some of the bigger trout in so Peyton was able to feed them some food and she was excited about that.

Peyton getting some fish food to throw into the water

She really wanted to see the fish up close

Jon feeding the fish some food

Michael, Stacy and I have a picture when we were younger sitting in front of this guy so we needed one with Jon and Peyton. Next time we will have to get all the kids down there to take another picture.

Peyton was excited to see that there was a park to play at and she loved the swing.

Grandma Reiff and I were so impressed to watch Jon cross the monkey bars all by himself.

Peyton loved this slide

Mommy and Peyton trying to stay warm Sunday morning by the fire. Peyton was using that stick to help keep the campfire burning.

Grandma Reiff showed Peyton how to hold her hands out in front of the fire to warm them up.

I started eating this apple but Peyton really wanted it and she hate it till there was nothing left

Grandpa Reiff and Jon fishing

Roaring River

I have never seen the water rushing this fast before

Last weekend Peyton and I went up to Mount Ayr, IA to see Grandma and Grandpa Yoder and also to see my good friend Tara that was in town at Graceland to watch her sister play soccer. It was another great weekend filled with lots of activities and it was so great to get to see people in Lamoni that we have not seen in awhile.
Saturday Grandma Yoder, Peyton and I went down to see the Amish to pick out some good pumpkins to carve and take home

Peyton found her perfect pumpkin

It was a
little heavy but she wanted to carry it herself

Grandma Yoder and Peyton leaving with all the great pumpkins that we found

Peyton was so cute and excited about the pumpkin

I loved that Peyton was not afraid at all and just put her hand right in the pumpkin to pull out the seeds

Grandpa Yoder helping Peyton out

Check out all that good stuff

Grandma and Grandpa Yoder helping Peyton make sure that all the seeds were out of the pumpkin

Grandpa Yoder carving out the pumpkin

Peyton checking out some of the work that Grandpa Yoder has done to the pumpkin

Peyton's Pumpkin finished!

Peyton checking out what happened to the pumpkin

Pumpkin looking good outside...Thanks Grandpa Yoder!
No comments:
Post a Comment